IRA Charitable Rollover Gifts
Charitable IRA rollovers may be especially beneficial in 2020
If you are 70½ or older, you can use your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) and make a contribution to Episcopal Relief & Development from your traditional IRA simply by instructing the plan administrator to make the transfer directly. You are allowed to transfer up to $100,000 a year to qualified charities of your choice.
Your gift will be transferred directly to Episcopal Relief & Development. It will not be reported as taxable income and will count toward your minimum distribution requirements for 2019.
And, most important, your generous support will help sustain Episcopal Relief & Development’s programs to strengthen communities around the world and make a lasting difference in fighting poverty, hunger and disease and rebuild after disasters.
Steps to follow:
- Contact your plan administrator and let them know the amount you want to give.
- Instruct them to make a direct transfer to Episcopal Relief & Development and provide them with our tax ID 73-1635264.
- If you prefer they send a bank check, they can do so and mail it to Episcopal Relief & Development at 815 Second Ave, New York, NY 10017.
- Have your bank list your name and address on any checks so we can identify you as the donor. If you know your Episcopal Relief & Development Donor ID#, please provide that also.
- If your bank cannot provide your contact information on the check, please have the bank send the check to you so you can enclose correspondence with the above information.
- If you wish, let your plan administrator know that you have given Episcopal Relief & Development permission to contact them with any questions about the gift.
Please contact our Donor Services team with any questions or to apprise us of any forthcoming distributions at 855.312.4325 or by email to email@example.com.