Who We Are
Words That Inspire. Deeds That Transform.
“Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.” — Matthew 25:40 (NRSV, extracted from our mandate 25:37-40)
For over 80 years, Episcopal Relief & Development has been working together with supporters and partners for lasting change around the world. Each year the organization facilitates healthier, more fulfilling lives for more than 3 million people struggling with hunger, poverty, disaster and disease. Inspired by Jesus’ words in Matthew 25, Episcopal Relief & Development leverages the expertise and resources of Anglican and other partners to deliver measurable and sustainable change in three signature program areas: Women, Children and Climate.
We take our mandate from the words of Jesus, found in Matthew 25:37-40, that call us to feed the hungry, care for the sick and welcome the stranger.
- Read Episcopal Relief & Development’s Mission Statement.
- Learn more about what We Believe.
- Read our History to learn how our work has evolved and expanded.
- Meet our Board and Staff.
- Learn about our partnerships and integrated approach to create lasting change.
- Read our statement on Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.