Alternative Gift Market Materials and Resources
Get started with free materials and other resources
When preparing for an Alternative Gift Market you might want to order the following items. Please be sure to place orders at least two (2) full weeks before your event to ensure delivery before the day of your event.
Gifts for Life catalogs and brochures
These catalogs replace traditional mail order catalogs and offer your congregation dozens of ways to purchase gifts for their friends and family that make a lasting impact on people in need around the world. If you’re planning a Christmas-season market, special Christmas catalogs are available.
Hope Chests give the children of your congregation the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people in need. Hope Chests can be ordered prior to an Alternative Gift Market and distributed in Sunday school or youth group. Encourage children to make some sacrifices — like giving up a favorite snack, or their weekend movie — to fill their Hope Chest and bring it to the Alternative Gift Market. (The Hope Chest Activity Sheet will also help them understand how the money they put into the Hope Chest will impact another child’s life.) We ask that parents help children count the contents of the Hope Chest, and write a check for the amount to Episcopal Relief & Development.
To order Gifts for Life catalogs and Hope Chests as well as other free Episcopal Relief & Development resources, please visit Forward Movement, call 1.800.543.1813. A minimal shipping and handling fee will be added to orders, which are otherwise free of charge.
Additional information and downloadable resources to help you host a successful event
- How to plan and Alternative Gift Market Campaign – This PDF is designed to help you plan and implement an Advent campaign.
- Promote your church’s event with Bulletin Inserts, Prayers to accompany an Advent Campaign and other Advent Resources.
- Coloring Book Fun Pages for children — Let kids color pictures of animals they helped purchase at the market.
- Alternative Gift Market Display Board
- Create awareness by offering information about the work if Episcopal Relief & Development Programs or the different regions Where We Work — You can use the information to educate your church on the work that we are doing through our Anglican partners to help vulnerable people around the world.
- Visit our Special Campaigns page for additional resources, including resources for fundraising and FAQs.
- Find more suggestions on our Advent Activities Guide.
- Use Advent Buttons – Joyful stickers to celebrate contributing to Gifts for Life – For use with Avery 8293 1 1/2″ Round Labels. (PDF)
- For more information about Advent and for additional Advent Resources, please visit the Advent Toolkit.
- Questions about the Alternative Gift Market should be directed to the Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855.312.HEAL.