Dorothy Linthicum and the Rev. Victor J. Thomas provide ways to support elder communities during COVID-19
On Friday, May 8, 2020, Dorothy Linthicum, Catechist for the “Baptized for Life” initiative at Virginia Theological Seminary and The Rev. Victor J. Thomas, Rector at St. James Episcopal Church, Houston, TX reminded us of how vulnerable and resilient our elder communities are during this pandemic and provided tangible ways that we can help provide support.
Older adults and people with underlying medical conditions are most susceptible to severe cases of COVID-19. Here are a selection of helpful resources for elders and people who work with elders:
- CDC Guidance for older adults
- AARP’s Coronavirus town halls
- National Council on Aging’s COVID-19 resources for older adults and caregivers
- Using Online Affinity Groups To Address Isolation
- Create buddy groups
- A video from Dorothy on older people and isolatiion
- Contact your local department for the aging to access resources particular to your community context.
Please visit our website for more resources related to COVID-19.