Episcopal Relief & Development is committed to ensuring the privacy of all our visitors and constituents.
It is important to us that our philanthropy merit the respect and trust of the general public and the Episcopal and Anglican communities, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Episcopal Relief & Development and its partners. Donors can be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the fullest extent of the law. They can expect that we will not rent, sell, exchange or share donor lists or information. And they can be confident that we will respect the anonymity, dignity and privacy of all of our donors, adhering to the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion.
We do not collect personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, phone number or email address) on our site unless you choose to provide it, for example by signing up for our email updates. These personal details are kept confidential and stored securely in our database system. The information we collect is used for internal review, to process online donations, and to notify visitors about updates to our Web site. The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
1. Donation Processing: When you make an online donation to Episcopal Relief & Development on www.episcopalrelief.org, your payment details are processed through a third-party secure server payment system. Your email address and other personal information will be stored in our secure database system, kept confidential, and only used in conjunction with the ongoing support of your donation, or if you’ve chosen to receive updates from Episcopal Relief & Development. Under no circumstances is this information passed on.
2. Email Update List: When you process your information to sign on to our email update list, you will automatically receive information from Episcopal Relief & Development via email. We collect this information and store it in our database and it is not passed on to outside organizations, companies or individuals.
If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us updates about our programs. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please contact us by email, phone or mail.
3. Information Security: At Episcopal Relief & Development, only designated employees have access to hard copies of users’ personal information. All on-line transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed on the browser screen and the website address in the address bar starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” Donation pages are secured by Digicert and transactions are processed using our Authorize.net verified merchant account.
4. Cookies: Episcopal Relief & Development uses session variables and cookies in the online store section of the website to enable users to place items in their carts and purchase them online. Personal information is not stored. Session-based variables and cookies expire at the end of a browser session, so once the browser window is closed the cookie or session variable terminates. These temporary files can also be deleted manually through the browser’s privacy settings.
5. SMS Services: If you have made a donation by mobile text message (SMS) to Episcopal Relief & Development, you may opt out of SMS correspondence or Premium SMS Services at any time by texting "STOP" to shortcode 20222. Text "HELP" to 20222 for help or visit www.hmgf.org/t. Messaging and data rates may apply.
If you do not want to receive email from us in the future or have questions regarding this policy, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com, calling 1.855.312.HEAL(4325), or writing us at Episcopal Relief & Development, 815 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10017.